Museum Futures: Distributed - is a machinima record of the centenary interview with Moderna Museet’s executive Ayan Lindquist in June 2058.
The interview explores a genealogy for contemporary art practice and its institutions, by re-imagining the role of artists, museums, galleries, markets, manufactories and academies.
The project was a collaboration with Marysia Lewandowska, commissioned by Moderna Museet Stockholm, Sweden, on the occasion of its 50th anniversary in 2008.
Museum Futures: Distributed - transcriptions
* German pdf (soon)
* Mandarin pdf (soon)
* reprinted as part of What’s next? Kunst nach der Krise a reader, published in December 2013 by Kulturverlag KADMOS Berlin.
Timeline and storyboard
Museum Futures: Distributed - screenings/exhibitions
* Exhibited as part of I taste the Future, the Lofoten International Art Festival (LIAF), Henningsvær, Norway 1st September - 1st October 2017.
* screening and discussion as part of Fieldworks, summer school programmed by Bisan Abu Eisheh for Hospitalfield, July 5th 2016, Arbroath.
* screening and discussion as part of ReSource Foundation Galleries Lafayette pre-launch programme 23rd June 2015, Paris
* with an introduction by Maria Lind, screened as part of MAK Vienna, 150th birthday celebrations 15th April 2014
* exhibited as part of Things Are Gonna Change I Can Feel It: Cultural Studies as Art Practice curated by Cindy Smith for the The Dedalus Foundation, New York, USA. Special seminar screening Thursday February 14th, 2013.
* screened as part of the Born Digital Conference organised by Plaza Futura and Baltan Laboratories, Van Abbemuseum, 14th - 15th December 2012, Eindhoven
* The Future of the Future at the DOX Centre for Contemporary Art, Prague. July 28th - October 25th 2010
* part of Institution as Medium. Curating as Institutional Critique Kunsthalle Fridericianum, Zürich. Saturday 26th March 2010
* screening and discussion as part of Sequilism at the Arnolfini, Bristol 18th July 2009
* part of The Uncertainty Principle, MACBA, Barcelona, Spain. 1st - 10th June 2009
* screened as part of the Economy of Contribution Goldsmiths College, London 10th February 2009
* Spanish premiere, and workshop was part of Alterpolis at Intermediae in Madrid 1st October 2008
* premiered as part of the jubilee celebrations at Moderna Museet, Stockholm in July-September 2008
Museum Futures: Distributed - collaborators
* the film was co-produced and directed Ian Knox
* lovingly edited by Christina Escoda
* beautifully shot by Jonas at Instrument Films
* sound recording and design by Mikkel at Instrument [studios]
Museum Futures: Distributed - recorded
The text of the interview was published in the Moderna History Book
You can download a .pdf of the interview, an extract from Moderna History Book
111 49 Stockholm